A private equity sub-fund investing assets into medium-sized TMT, financial and business services, e-commerce, distribution, BPO and infrastructure companies that enjoy an established market position or are leading players in their respective businesses, from Poland, CEE and Turkey. The investments feature a more stable rate of return and lower investment risk than venture capital investments.
|Type of the Fund||Captive|
|Investors||MCI Capital Group (93,4%), individual investors (6,6%)|
|Fund Manager||Tomasz Czechowicz, Maciej Kowalski|
|Investment areas||media, travel, telecom, e-commerce, transport & logistics, B2B sevices, software|
|Investement strategy||expansion, PE|
|Investment scale||EUR 25 to 100 million|
|Assets under management (as at 12/31/2017)||PLN 1 069 M (USD 256 M)|
|Yearly average rate of return*||17.93%|
* average rate of return for a series of certificates A, for Q4 2017
Trade: Telecommunications and date center services
Polish company founded in 1994. The leader of the data center market with an extensive fiber optic infrastructure. It operates in two segments: the segment of data center services and telecommunications services. Listed on the Warsaw Stock Exchange since 2004.
Mobiltek is the largest player in the aggregation of text message services (the company’s core business). The company is also involved in developing IT solutions, with a focus on mobile banking and payments. Currently Mobiltek is a recognised expert in the sector of mobile financial services. Products offered by the company include both ready text messaging solutions to be implemented in just a few days, as well as dedicated tailor-made solutions, meeting needs and requirement of individual clients. The services offered by Mobiltek use such technologies as SMS, MMS, WAP, IVR, JavaPhone, STK oraz XHTML. Mobiltek has also created applications for platforms such as Symbian, Windows Mobile, Google Android and Apple (iPhone). The company also provides programming and integration services on the basis of service-oriented architecture (SOA). Mobiltek owns Dotpay.com.
eCard is a clearing agent and a national payment institution operating since 2000. Company provides high-quality services according to the standards of international payment organisations: Visa, MasterCard and American Express. Experience in providing solutions for electronic and mobile payments has won eCard S.A. over 3 000 clients, including industry leaders such as: Aviva, eBilet, Liberty Ubezpieczenia, Alma Market, Avon, Oriflame Poland, InPost, Ergo Hestia, Wakacje.pl, Polski Bus and many more. Currently, eCard S.A. offers a wide range of payment methods using payment cards, electronic wallets, instant online payments, as well as mobile, instalment and deferred payments.
Lifebrain, a Vienna-based company, is a fast-growing platform consolidating the actors of the diagnostic laboratory market. It was established and is managed by the founders of FutureLAB, a laboratory group which has been merged into Synlab, a leading company in Europe.
Trade: Consumer electronics, dystrybucja, IT
Leading IT/consumer electronics distributor on the Turkish market
Indeks Bilgisayar Sistemleri Mühendislik Sanayi ve Ticaret A.Ş. (Incorporated Company) which was founded in 1989 to operate in the IT sector with the mission of distributing all kinds of IT products to IT firms in Turkey. İndeks Bilgisayar A.Ş. is distributing more than 200 worldwide brands, employing 300+ personal and and operating with more than 7.500 business partners, holding the leadership position in the Turkish IT sector since 2001.
Trade: Consumer electronics, dystrybucja, e-commerce
Leading IT/consumer electronics distributor on the CEE market.
ABC Data S.A. is the market leader in distribution of IT and consumer electronics in Poland and the only company operating directly in eight countries of Central Eastern Europe. The company has offered computer equipment, software, consumer electronics and services for over 20 years. ABC data boasts the largest offer on the market, with over 56,000 products from more than 300 brand-name suppliers.
Thanks to systematic development and many years of investments in online customer service platforms, the company has the leading position in online sales.
In June 2011, ABC Data S.A. began selling consumables under its own private label, Colorovo. Currently, the company offers more than 400 products under this brand. Since its launch, the brand expanded its product portfolio with cleaning accessories for computer screens and peripherals. Furthermore, it also introduced computer cases for office applications and gaming as well as the CityTab tablet. The Colorovo brand products are available throughout the distribution network of the ABC Data Group, in all countries where the company has its operations.
Since 2009, ABC Data belongs to GTDC, the organization associating the world’s largest IT distributors. Every year between 2009 and 2012, ABC Data S.A. was awarded by the EMEA Channel Academy the title of the best IT distributor in CEE region.
ABC data was honored with the title “Great Pearl 2012″ in the ranking “Pearls of Polish Economy” organized by publishing company Rynek Polski, the publisher of the monthly POLISH MARKET in cooperation with the Institute of Economics of Polish Academy of Sciences.
Since June 2010, the company is listed on the Warsaw Stock Exchange.
MCI Venture Projects Sp. z o.o. VI S.K.A.
Files to download:
Prospectus - Floating Rate Bonds
Final Bond Price
Interest Rate for the First Interest Period
Interest Rate for the Second Interest Period
Interest Rate for the Third Interest Period
Terms and conditions of the bonds
Minutes of the Bondholders' meeting
Publication of the amendments
Interest Rate for the Fourth Interest Period
Interest Rate for the Fifth Interest Period
New leader of Polish Internet
The first Polish internet portal, a comprehensive multimedia, communication and information platform, as well as an effective advertising medium. WP.PL boasts 13 million visitors monthly. A leader in the e-mail sector. Leads among other portals in the following categories: mobile, video, information and journalism, sport, business, entertainment, and lifestyle.
Grupa o2 – one of the fastest growing internet groups in our country. Owner of, i.a.: o2 portal – the most popular information and entertainment service in Poland. Grupa o2 comprises several dozen special-interest services, of which the most popular are “Pudelek”, “Wrzuta” or “Kafeteria” – visited by 9 million users monthly.
Netia S.A. is one of the biggest and the fastest growing telecommunications operators in Poland. It provides comprehensive, integrated and user- friendly online solutions.
- Holder of M.Sc. in Enterprise Management from the Wrocław School of Economics. He also completed a post-graduate management course at the Warsaw School of Economics and obtained the Master of Business Administration title from the University of Minnesota.
- Entrepreneur since 1985. For the past 20 years, Venture Capital/Private Equity investor, founder and Group Managing Partner @ MCI Capital - one of the leading European private equity groups with focus on technology and digitalization. In 1990-1998 Co-founder and CEO of JTT Computer SA - leading CE computer manufacturer with USD 100M+ revenue.
- Selected as one of Top-20 best Polish managers in 2015 by Bloomberg Business Week. Guest speaker at many PE/VC conferences, including NOAH. Supervisory board member and advisory board member of many of MCI funds portfolio companies across Europe. In 2001 the World Economic Forum awarded Tomasz Czechowicz with the title of Global Leader for Tomorrow for his exceptional feeling for the market, professionalism, vision and business efficacy. In 2000 one of the TOP-10 most influential people in the European Internet by Business Week.
Private Equity Managers S.A.
1 Europejski Sq.
00-844 Warsaw, Polandczechowicz@pemanagers.eu
- He graduated in Finance and Banking from the Warsaw School of Economics. He completed doctoral studies at the Collegium of Management and Finance of the Warsaw School of Economics.
- He has acquired professional experience in Deloitte, Orange Polska S.A. and most recently at CAG Sp. z o.o. Sp.k., where he was responsible for private and public deals in the sectors of telecommunications, internet, e-commerce, distribution, retail, infrastructure, industry, food, renewable energy.